Yiu-Wah (Leo) Au-Yeung
I am an undergraduate senior in the Daedalus Honors Computer Science program at Hunter College, majoring in Computer Science and double minoring in Mathematics and Theatre.
Check out my social profiles below:
Incoming Software Engineer
Incoming Software Engineer @ Qualtrics
Software Engineer Intern
Incoming SWE Intern @ Qualtrics
• Google Calendar & Sheets Integrations: Developed integrations with Google Calendar and Google Sheets for the survey platform as the end to end project owner using React.js.
• Maintained production level code quality by having over 90% code coverage with unit-tests written in Jest.
• Helped quantify the business value of the actions platform as part of the XM ecosystem to TPMs.
• Improved the quality of the actions platform by stress testing for bugs, inadequate documentation, and technical deficiencies within the XM-App framework in preparation for release to external developers.
Software Engineer Intern
Software Engineering Internship: A Full-Stack Experience
• Admin Panel: Spearheaded the development of an internal tool as a web application using React.js, Node.js, and Apollo GraphQL Client aimed at reducing time and complexity taken to access the company's PostgreSQL database.
• Deployed the app to production within 3 months using AWS S3 and AWS CloudFront.
• App has been actively utilized across the company, reducing customer onboard time by over 90%, from upwards of 1 hour down to 5 minutes.
• Sample Images: Integrated full-stack functionality to update unique image data into the existing GraphQL API using Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Boto3, Docker, AWS S3, and AWS DynamoDB.
• Dashboard: Enhanced the customer dashboard, revamping data visualization interactivity, decreasing data visualization load time by 80%, and improving general UI/UX across the website.
• Worked in an Agile environment with daily stand-ups, weekly sprint planning, and weekly retrospective meetings.
Software Engineer Mentee
• Paired with a Senior Software Engineer at Google for the 6-month program.
• Focused on developing industry-level best practices including project storyboarding, code modularization, version control, unit-testing, and comprehensive code review.
• Wrote modularized code and tested in a test-driven development (TDD) pipeline with manual unit-tests.
Part of the August 2016 CIT intern program.
• Assisted counselors in teaching students ages 7-14 in learning to use software such as Tinkercad, MinecraftEDU, Unreal Engine, and Unity
Hunter Codefest (Founder, Head Organizer): Founded and oversaw the annual Hunter Codefest where 100+ students participate in a month-long hackathon sponsored by Google.
Stuyvesant High School
Stuyvesant Rowing Club: Co-President
Stuyvesant Red Cross Club: Member
- React.js, Node.js, NPM
- React Native, Flutter, iOS
- Flask, SQLAlchemy, Boto3
- GraphQL, SQL
- DynamoDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Git/GitHub, VS Code's Git SCM
- Visual Studio
- Mac OS
Outside of my academic and professional life, I really enjoy eating and working out. I started working out in sophomore year of high school, and started powerlifting in freshman year of college. To fuel my ambitions, I eat... a lot! I pride myself on eating meals larger than the average meal, quicker than the average person. :)
When I'm indoors, I like to catch up on the latest eSports news, NBA games, tech news, and anime. I enjoy playing video games here and there, specifically Minecraft and League of Legends. I also love spending time with friends and family whenever I get the chance to.
- 1st Place - HackNYU 2020
- Facebook New York Hackathon 2019
- 2nd Place - JPMC: Code For Good Challenge 2019 - Jersey City
- SBUHacks 2019
- HackNYU 2019
- 1st Place - Hunter Codefest 2019
- HackCooper 2018
- Top 10 - CUNY Hackathon 2017